Skip to Content

Explore: Sonoma County


SonomaWORKS will pay reasonable transportation costs for you to participate in your SonomaWORKS activity, to accept or keep a job, and to travel to and from childcare as needed. The program will reimburse you at the same rate as the least costly form of public transportation, unless there is no public transportation available. In that case, if you use your own vehicle, you must have a valid driver’s license to be reimbursed. If you are using public transportation, you may receive bus passes. Advance payments (gas vouchers and bus tickets) are available on an emergency basis. For more information on transportation options, see the Client Handbook Section on Transportation.

Transportation Providers:

Other Resources:

  • California Low Cost Automobile Insurance Program (CLCA) - California Law requires that all drivers be insured. However, too many low-income drivers remain uninsured because the costs of standard insurance premiums are beyond their financial reach. The California Low Cost Automobile Program provides affordable liability only auto insurance that meets the state's financial responsibility laws.
  • BAR's Consumer Assistance Program - To reduce air pollution, the Bureau of Automotive Repair's (BAR) Consumer Assistance Program (CAP) will pay $1000 for retiring a vehicle. the program will also pay up to $500 towards the repair of a car that fails its smog inspection. For more information click on the link above.